The original name of the building was "Palace City". The 1928 - 1929 design by Oskar Baudisch was influenced by functionalism and art deco. In 1974, the building was rebuilt for the needs of the research institute (VUTS). In the years 2016 - 2017, already owned by the Liberec District, a complete reconstruction took place. Although it was not a listed building, the successful reconstruction restored the building to its historic appearance and former splendor.Read more
As part of the reconstruction, the building was fully insulated (energy class B/C). The new windows include motorized blinds behind the ventilated "front windows". In the interior, restored reinforced concrete beams with risers are visible. The original renovated terrazzo on the staircase was supplemented by a new terrazzo floor in public areas. Partitions and other floors are dry construction types and they reduce the load of the reinforced concrete skeleton.
|Type||Civic & Cultural|
|Client||Regional Authority of Liberec District|
|Project Architect||Karel Novotný, Josef Franc|
|Project Director||Karel Novotný, Josef Franc|
|Team||Jana Hnídková, Jaroslav Pflégr, Helena Hlávková|
structural part: Zdeněk Dřevěný, Vít Šrámek